Kumbakonam, Tirubhuvanam Temple, is located 8 km (5 miles) Northeast of Kumbakonam, is dedicated to Kumbheswara, the “God who removes Fear”.
Kambaharesvarar Temple was built by the King Kulothunga III (1179 AD - 1216 AD). There are two Gopurams and two Praharams,the Karpagraham, Artha Mandapam, Maha Mandapam, Muha Mandapam and Somaskandar Mandapam.
The Karpagraham is in the shape of square. IDhakshinamoorthy, Lingothbhavar and Bramma reside on the wall of Sri Vimana.